I am always searching for a new recipe with a creamy sauce for pasta. Alfredo sauces are so high in fat and so are most cheesy sauces. This recipe gives you a lot of cheesy for a little less fat and Calories since its main ingredient is chicken broth!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
3 Tbsp butter
3 cloves minced garlic
3 Tbsp flour
1 ½ cups chicken broth
1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
½ tsp seasoned salt
½ tsp salt
½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
12 oz chicken breast, cooked and diced
16 oz pasta
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Heat butter until melted in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add flour to saucepan and stir continuously for 3-4 minutes.
- Slowly add chicken broth, about ¼ cup every 30 seconds while continuing to stir.
- Add spices to sauce, stir to combine.
- Add cheese, and stir until melted 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken breast.
Divide into 6 servings. Serve garlic and chicken sauce over pasta. Make sure to add 2-3 cups of vegetables to make it a meal!Broth
Tip: If you your goal is less than 450 Calories for dinner, try reducing the serving size and splitting this meal into 8 servings. When you do that you will have 340 Calories per serving, 12 g Total Fat, 34 g Total Carbohydrates, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 21 g Protein.
Nutrition Information per Serving: Total Calories: 453, Total Fat: 16 g, Total Carbohydrates: 45.9 g, Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g, Protein: 28 g